Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nighttime routine
happymoe posted:
I've been procrastinating changing our bedtime routine. I've been breastfeeding our little one to sleep all along. She's 17 weeks today, and I really need to change things up. I also still swaddle her for overnight. She seems to stay asleep 6-7 hours that way. Naps in the daytime are swaddle free but she'll startle herself awake.

Has anyone else gone this long breastfeeding to sleep and how was the battle to change? How did it go for those that stopped swaddling? Any little pointers that may make our process just a little easier? TIA

Ihgirl1066 responded:
One of my friends swaddled her baby for naps and night time til she outgrew it at 7 months.

dwaw02 replied to Ihgirl1066's response:
I bottle feed to sleep. Don't swaddle though. Basically our routine is bath, book, bottle, bed. She falls asleep in my arms with her bottle.

I don't plan to change this anytime soon. DS grew out of it naturally. We did bedtime milk for a long time with his story, then he would brush his teeth after. I think we stopped the milk before bed when he turned 3. I don't remember how old he was when he started going to sleep by himself, but it was before 2.

Spotlight: Member Stories

We are very blessed to have our Adam Michael born on 10-15-2009 at 7 pounds 11 ounces. We had two previous loses one miscarrage at 9 weeks, and one st...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.