Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bleeding bellybutton
tonaann posted:
i have a four month old baby girl and last night while getting her ready for a bath i notice her belly button was bleeding. is there anything i can do and what is causing it? if you could please help that would be great.

simplyelizabeth responded:
This happen to my son when he was 2 months old.For him part of the umbilical cord did not fall off. Call your pediatrician for an appointment, and they will put silver nitrate on it. I am not sure what the medical term is for this though, but its fairly common.

simplyelizabeth responded:
This happen to my son when he was 2 months old.For him part of the umbilical cord did not fall off. Call your pediatrician for an appointment, and they will put silver nitrate on it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am mom to Charlotte 3mo nicknamed Scooter and Orion 12yrs nicknamed Monkey. We live in Seattle and love the outdoors! My partner and I have been tog...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.