Skip to content
Ferber
yalegirlsforever posted:
My LO is almost 6 mths old and we have started putting her to bed when she's awake and sometimes she cries for 5-10 minutes before she goes to bed but for the most part she is very good about just going to sleep. However, she still gets up most of the time once a night. For the first week when we let her go to sleep on her own she slept all night. I've done the ferber method with my other 2 kids, but my first one slept all night after I started this. I think I've read before that the method includes letting them cry it out at night too, but I'm just wondering if/when I should do that. She gets up and eats a full bottle each time then lays right back down. I just have a hard time letting her cry if I know she is hungry. If she wasn't eating and just playing it would be different, but I know she's hungry cuz she eats the whole thing. I need opinions. It's so great when she sleeps all night and this once a night thing is getting really old.

KityKatK8 responded:
Hi there -

I hope things are getting better in the two weeks since you posted. All I can say is that with DD, when she started sleeping through the night, she would cry for comfort at a time that was different from any previous feeding time - like an hour or two after I put her down to sleep. So I knew she wasn't hungery, and I could feel OK about having her cry herself back to sleep.

Is your LO waking up at a usual feeding time? If so, I would think she is really hungery and not just wanting comfort. Could you switch to a little water, now that she is 6 months? That might help determine if she is hungery or not. I guess there is also the aspect of feeding her more during the day, too.

I am desperately waiting for DS to sleep through the night, but he is still at 2 feedings at 5 months (or more!), so I think it's going to be a while.

GL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

We are very blessed to have our Adam Michael born on 10-15-2009 at 7 pounds 11 ounces. We had two previous loses one miscarrage at 9 weeks, and one st...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.