Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
6 months and not interested in eating
ttrishh posted:
I have been having such a struggle getting my baby to eat during the day. He does not want to be held to be fed, I even had to quit nursing him at 4 months because he refused to take the breast anymore (I struggled for over a month before giving up) he will only take an ounce or 2 from the bottle when you are holding him, he squirms, turns, pushes away and cries... but you lay him in his crib and he will devour the bottle. I have been trying to feed him rice cereal for about 3 weeks and still he will rarely take in more than a mouthfull or 2.

The real down side, the only time he wants to eat is at night, and because of the hard time I have in the day getting him to eat, I give in and feed him when he cries... every 2 hours like clockwork!

I am going to try to get him to eat less at night hoping he will sleep more and then be hungry in the day instead. Starting tonight I am going to try only offering a bottle every second time he wakes, and try to get him back to sleep with a soother the other times.

Has anyone else had any problems like this and have any more advice?

KSHoh responded:
Since he is 6 months have you tried any other foods besides the cereal. My LO hates the cereal but likes the fruit and some veggies so far. If I can get him to eat cereal I have mix in some apple sauce or pears with it. I even tried the flavored cereals and he wont eat it.

KSHoh responded:
Also if I wait until its time for his next feeding he usually just fusses untill I give him the bottle. Now I just try the solids after 2hrs after his bottle and he usually takes in some. It still takes him @ a day and a half to finish a jar but I keep offering it to him.

ttrishh replied to KSHoh's response:
Funny that you mention that, after posting this I decided the same thing and tried him on butternut squash... he ate more than he ever has, I managed to get him to eat some cereal with it mixed in later on, guess the fuss pot just didnt like cereal.
Now if I can get him to sleep more than 2 hours at a time life will be good!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brenda (27) and I have been married to a wonderful man, Nick(26) since June 14, 2008. We just had our first little bundle of joy, Lyla on A...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.