Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
im worried
leightonsmommy10 posted:
So im a first time mom i dont have much expierence with children i could use some advice on setting up a feeding schedule for my 6month old daughter.Im concerned i may be feeding her too much but sometimes she acts like its not enough is it even possible to put a baby this young on a feeding schedule? She is on wic for her food they pay for 2nd stage foods but im just concerned on how much of these 4 oz containers a day i should be feeding her?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there! I'm the new board moderator (and I have two daughters - age 2.5 and 6)

I had NO experience with children! I'm sure some of the members will chime in with suggestions but I found this article about starting solids: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/baby-food-nutrition-9/starting-solid-food

(Page 5 has info about when/how much)

Hope that helps!

Haylen

dwaw02 responded:
My DD is almost 6m and still on stage 1 foods. We started solids when she as 4.5m but have been taking it slowly (b/c of our insane holiday schedule, not her LOL)

Anyway, here's what we do.

Wake up - 5 oz bottle (that's all she will take at once)

1-1.5 hours later - 3-4 tbsp oatmeal and 1 container stage 1 bananas (will be starting a new fruit this week). Rest of bottle if she wants it.

Wake up from 1st nap - 5 oz bottle

Wake up from 2nd nap - 5 oz bottle

Shortly before 3rd nap - 5 oz bottle

1-1.5 hours later - 3-4 tbsp oatmeal and 1 container stage 1 veggies (so far she's only had sweet potatoes). Rest of bottle if she wants it. I try to have this fall @ dinnertime, but it usually ends up being @ 5:30

Bedtime - 5 oz bottle

Since she was sick last week she's been waking up 1x per night again, so she gets 5 more oz then.

HTH

Angela - DS (6), DD born 7/18/10

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dwaw02's response:
Angela! Thanks - you are organized!!!! And you have a 6 year old - I'm impressed.

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ihave a sweet baby girl, Claire, that was born on 1/26/11 after an induced labor ending in a c-section.

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.