im worried
leightonsmommy10 posted:
So im a first time mom i dont have much expierence with children i could use some advice on setting up a feeding schedule for my 6month old daughter.Im concerned i may be feeding her too much but sometimes she acts like its not enough is it even possible to put a baby this young on a feeding schedule? She is on wic for her food they pay for 2nd stage foods but im just concerned on how much of these 4 oz containers a day i should be feeding her?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there! I'm the new board moderator (and I have two daughters - age 2.5 and 6)

I had NO experience with children! I'm sure some of the members will chime in with suggestions but I found this article about starting solids: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/baby-food-nutrition-9/starting-solid-food

(Page 5 has info about when/how much)

Hope that helps!

Haylen

dwaw02 responded:
My DD is almost 6m and still on stage 1 foods. We started solids when she as 4.5m but have been taking it slowly (b/c of our insane holiday schedule, not her LOL)

Anyway, here's what we do.

Wake up - 5 oz bottle (that's all she will take at once)

1-1.5 hours later - 3-4 tbsp oatmeal and 1 container stage 1 bananas (will be starting a new fruit this week). Rest of bottle if she wants it.

Wake up from 1st nap - 5 oz bottle

Wake up from 2nd nap - 5 oz bottle

Shortly before 3rd nap - 5 oz bottle

1-1.5 hours later - 3-4 tbsp oatmeal and 1 container stage 1 veggies (so far she's only had sweet potatoes). Rest of bottle if she wants it. I try to have this fall @ dinnertime, but it usually ends up being @ 5:30

Bedtime - 5 oz bottle

Since she was sick last week she's been waking up 1x per night again, so she gets 5 more oz then.

HTH

Angela - DS (6), DD born 7/18/10

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dwaw02's response:
Angela! Thanks - you are organized!!!! And you have a 6 year old - I'm impressed.

Haylen