Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How was your week with baby?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Checking in with some 3 - 6 month old baby appropriate questions!

I'm the board moderator and my girls are 2.5 and 6...but I remember those early days :)

What's for dinner?

How many hours of sleep did YOU get last night?

What exciting new activity, sound or reaction did your little one do this week?

What is your LEAST favorite baby related household activity?
(the laundry, cleaning the bottles, keeping organized etc.)

Haylen

hoping101 responded:
Dinner- Putluck dinner with friends for mom and dad. Peas and formula for baby!

Sleep- 8 hours before baby woke up but it was husbands night so I went right back to sleep for another 3! Baby slept right along with me after he ate his bottle!!!

Sound- Strange new laugh type deal lol

Least favorite...... BOTTLES!!!!!!!!

Athomemommie responded:
Diner- Cheesy Hashbrowns, beet slices, green bean salad and zucchini bread (premade and thawing), baby gets mommy milk and 3yr old will eat with my husband and I.

hours- she just finished getting past her first tooth sleep issues, i think it was about 9 hours give or take, one wake up, nursing is going great.

new activity- baby said da dee last week, and mama yesterday,

least fav.- figuring out organizing toddler and baby toys at the same time, meeting both needs without hurt feelings.

Anna

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Athomemommie's response:
@Athomemommie - All I can say is YUM to the cheesy hashbrowns...please share any secret ingredients :)

And I am having issues with toy AND clothing organization - have 2 girls, 6 and 2.5 years old and saved everything from the first one. Regretting that decision...

Da dee and mama - how special!!!

Have a great week - anyone else want to share?

Haylen

Athomemommie replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
thanks for the reply =)

in the hash browns I add in sweet potatoes, everyone things it's just extra cheese and they are being spoiled =) it was really good too. The recipe called for cheese soup, but we are always trying to avoid additives so i made a rou, and added the sweet potatoes in at the end really helping it to thicken up then added the hash browns in and baked, super easy. I use the same mix over broccoli or with and noodles, you could add in tuna too. like a box meal without the additives.

yes we have a clothing and toy monster inour home too =) Everything is in large trash bags by month by size and season/ I just try to accept that this is just part of the blessing of having all we need. =) Just like all the dirty dishes are a blessing that we are given food in abundance =) i try to find a positive, some days are better than others.

baby just got another tooth sat. evening, still cranky and she is having trouble sleeping in long spurts, i give her the teething tablets and iced chew rings, i'm hoping she will be past it soon.

eneida1978 replied to Athomemommie's response:
This is great!

Dinner Rice w/ Beans and steak

6 hrs (h.w. kept me up) but then napped with my little baby

She turned last thursday!!! and she is giggling when you play with her I love those giggles! :)

Least favorite baby chore........baby socks all over! ugghhh

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to eneida1978's response:
OK those cheezy tots are off the hook!

Baby socks! LOL. My 2.5 year old and 6 year old socks are getting hard to sort....

I remember my mom complaining about socks when I was a kid and I rolled my eyes. Well, lots of stuff she said is making sense now...

Monkeys_momma responded:
Not sure on dinner yet, sweetie usually cooks! More squash for Charlie and maybe some fruit and rice cereal!

I got 7hrs sleep last night, pretty good for having a 3mo!

This week we tried a Bumbo, she wasn't a fan at first and tried squash which she LOVED!!!

I HATE changing the diaper Genie!

Ty (mom to Charlotte aka "Charlie"- 3 mo and Orion 12yrs)

Athomemommie- We're going to a Superbowl part on Sunday. Hostess was talking about cheezy tator tots and I sent her your notes on cheesy hashbrowns! We'll see if she can do it :)

So it's Friday again! Any exciting new developments with baby? My 2.5 year old recovering from flu - I forgot to get shots this year, my mom passed away in September and lots of stuff fell through the cracks...

TGIF!

Haylen

Athomemommie replied to eneida1978's response:
yeah, I have a pile of socks in my daughter's playroom (I do laundry in the corner in their while she plays) and I left the socks for her (age 3) rationalizing that she needs to match them working on shape and detail recognition as a pre-reading skill =) She matched 3-4 pairs and left the rest for daddy =) to funny, Hope you are getting more sleep I totally know how that is right now too.

Awh, you are to kind, if you want all my recipe details including amounts I'd be happy to, I didn't want to take up all the space here but i'd be happy to share =)
Anna

Well, now she has built up her immune system a bit to the flu. A friend of mine just told me today that her father in law did an extensive amount of research about why there is a rise of sickness during the fall/winter season and basically concluded that Vitamin D is essential for all children as a supplement so all of his grandchildren take it and haven't been sick now for 3 years and don't get any shots any more. She said that she generally follows the recommendations on the label and then ups it a bit if they have been knowingly around sick people or someone in the household is coming down with something. Either way, don't beat yourself up everything that happens is supposed to happen, God has perfect timing =)

I'm sorry about your mom, it is never easy to lose someone important in your life.

New with baby? she is sounds out new consonants, it sounded like buh ah v, I couldn't believe it. My first daughter didn't talk like this for at least another month. She also sat up for about 5 seconds by herself during a wardrobe change. =) Always one of many right moms? =)

Anna

I can not wrap my mind around how much laundry I have to do. There is always a pile of dirty waiting to be washed, a pile of clean waiting to be folded. MY EVIL ENEMY....Haylen

I am the same way, it was funny today because I washed a small load of things that needed to be kept separate and instead of putting them in the laundry basket to get back to later I waited till i could put them right away and it was like a gift to myself. Try it, you might just feel like a super mom =)
(say with an echo) concurring your nemesis! =)
ok, to many cartoons lately =)

anna

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Lauren. My husband and I had been ttc for 2 years when in Feb 09 I was at my yearly appt and the Dr came in to tell me that my test wasn't...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.