Skip to content
yeast infection of the neck
jmrb0414 posted:

my mom thinks my 4 month old daughter has a yeast infection on her neck in her folds. It smells horrible and retains a lot of moisture. Any one know what I should do for it?

Isylya responded:
Being the mother of an extremely chunky baby with tons of rolls... I would say, bathe the baby once a day, maybe more and make sure you get everything out of her folds. During the day, make sure you use a burp cloth under her chin during feedings so that the milk doesn't catch in her rolls.
In between baths, use a wipe to clean her up.

That's it. If the skin is broken, I would consult a doctor.

ThweattFamily responded:
My wife and I had the same problem with our 4 month old. keep her neck clean and use a little Aquaphor on her neck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I found out we were pregnant at the begining of July. On December 8th I went to my normal monthly checkup and was diagnosed with preacl...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.