Skip to content
Anyone else have this happen?
nyoka4u posted:
My DD will be 5 months on the 14, 3 and 1/2 months corrrected since she was 7 weeks early, and for the last 4 nights at exactly 7pm she turns into a nightmare. She starts screaming blood murder like someone is killing her and we have a hard time getting her to calm down. I'm pretty sure she's past the colic stage and it only lasts about an hour but it's a hour of pure torture. We've tried gripe water, gas dropps, rocking swinging in her swing, putting her in her bouncy seat and walking around the house. This has only started in the last 4 days so we are at a loss as to what her problem is. Has anyone else had this occur and if so what did you do to help the LO? Our next step is to put her out in a snow drift in the back yard...lol just kidding. Just look at my profile pic at that cute little face. So cute.

phoenix31674 responded:
You might want to try putting her in some sort of sling. My LO sometimes gets very fussy and will calm down pretty quickly once he's in the sling, though not always. I just have a simple cloth one, not one of the more structured ones.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I agree - that little face is adorable!

Sling is a good suggestion! We used to call 7 pm the "growl-y hour".

What worked for us was to take a walk outside and point out trees, clouds, whatever. Distraction, distraction, distraction. The change seemed to snap her out of the crying spiral she was in....

However, I'm in southern California so that is possible all year...Since you mentioned snow drifts, it might not be for you!

Have you tried a bath? Or turning on music and dancing with her in your arms? Let us know if anything we suggested works - I feel for you! :)

Haylen

Rfirstlilone26 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I agree with trying a nice warm bath.
Is she teething?

So I have a 5 1/2 month old too and there was a week where he would scream for a hour or so an i had no idea what was wrong he was not hungry, or wet and didnt have gas nothing seemed to work whatever i did. So I put him in a warm bath an talked to him, He was teething at the time an still is, But the bath really seemed to work afterwards he was so clam and past right out. I hope you can find something to clam your LO she is to cute to be crying like that. I also feel ya your not the only one! Good luck lets us know what works.

nyoka4u responded:
It's funny you mention the "growly" hour. I mentioned it to our sitter yesterday and she said that her grandma called it the witching hour and she also mentioned teething. Not that the teeth are popping through but that that they may be causing issues from under the gum line. I did give her a nice warm bath last night and even a little baby massage. Of course this was the one night that she didn't freak out at 7 pm. Just like when you take your car in to the mechanic because it's making funny sounds at when they look at it, it's not doing it, she was quiet at 7. Must have known I was talking about her on here...lol. Thanks for the advice everyone, will keep her out of the snow drifts for the time being. Can't wait till the weather get better so I can take her out in the 'hood for a change of environment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jennifer. I am a 22yr old woman with a DH-Tim-23 and a DD (Phoebe)-11-4-2009. My DH and I have been married sense 3-3-2007. Our little gi...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.