Skip to content
Bleeding Nipples in a 3 month old
RASINMYKIDS posted:
My daughter is almost 3 months old and I have not BF in almost 2 months and last weeking she started bleeding from her right nipple. I tood her to her Dr and she has never seen this before. She was my Peds Dr so I know she had the experience. She is now sending us to our local Childrens Hospital. I was wondering if any other parents have expierenced this before and what was the out come? FYI the dr did order blood work and the hormones levels came back normal

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I've heard plenty of moms talking about nipple irritation - but not a baby. I'm glad your pediatrician suggested additional review. I did a quick search of the site and didn't come up with any information.

Please check back in with us - your info might help some other parents!

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am mom to Charlotte 3mo nicknamed Scooter and Orion 12yrs nicknamed Monkey. We live in Seattle and love the outdoors! My partner and I have been tog...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.