Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 month old baby who shakes her head around sometimes, kinda bothers me
Mrg2009 posted:
I hope I can describe this so you understand what I'm talking about. The other night my baby who is just 5 months old now, was sitting in her little bouncy seat in the kitchen while I cooked dinner. All the sudden she started moving her head side to side and kind of letting her eyes go while she did it. She did it twice. Then she was fine. I mean she seems fine so I don't know if she was just doing it or if maybe something isn't right. I don't know it weirded me out a little because when she did it, it just seemed off. She sort of does something like that when she's tired or falling asleep but I don't feel like she was either of those. Any advice or anyone have something similar like this happen?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mrg2009!

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are describing. However, I think a call to your doctors office would be entirely appropriate!

I would also make a diary of when it occurs - time of day, what she was doing, etc. And if you're able to predict when it happens, and grab a video with your phone to show the pediatrician, even better.

Good luck and please check back in!

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brenda (27) and I have been married to a wonderful man, Nick(26) since June 14, 2008. We just had our first little bundle of joy, Lyla on A...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.