Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question about solids
KSHoh posted:
My little boy is 5 months and is on stage 2 solids for about 2 weeks now. I have only been offering him veggies and fruits. Is it o.k to offer the stage 2 with the meats in it or do I have to wait till he is older. He is doing very well with all the fruit and veggie combos.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here's a great chart that gives a timeline and list of foods:

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/baby-food-nutrition-9/baby-food-timeline

Actually, the entire Guide to Baby Food and Nutrition area is filled with lots of good info.

What is his favorite food? My daughters were crazy for sweet potato and peas...now they won't touch it :)

Haylen

KSHoh replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
His favs are: Sweet potato, Carrots, and Pears. The only food he has problems with are the peas and green beans. As soon as he sees something green coming towards him his lips purse up and he wont eat it. He will eat the mixed veggies that has peas or green beans in them but it is an orange color and he will eat it just fine. I have also not given him anything with dairy or corn in it. I will wait a few more weeks on those things.

An_222599 responded:
We were told by the pediatrician the other day that the European way is to introduce veggies and meats at 4 months and wait to give cereal until later. I think this is one of those things where they don't really know what is best, and it probably doesn't matter as long as your baby is healthy and happy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ihave a sweet baby girl, Claire, that was born on 1/26/11 after an induced labor ending in a c-section.

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.