Skip to content
My baby is spitting up all the time
LaceyBean posted:
Ever since Brylee was born she has always spit up when I fed her. She is now 4 1/2 months old and still spitting up. at her 1st check up her doctor said that it was fine and that she should stop around 3 months. But it hasn't slowed down at all. She was breast fed until about 3 months and now I do breast and bottle. Even if I give her solid food and a bottle she still spits up. Is there anything that I can do to help it? I think its the reason why she still eats every two hours.

phoenix31674 responded:
My boy still sometimes spits up - same age as your baby - but not every time. I just kind of go with it. i can't recall, but i want to say DD spit up until well over 6 months. Neither one of them was physically bothered by it.

You should bring this back up with your doc at the next appointment to see what he has to say about it not clearing up.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to phoenix31674's response:
Babies are gooey! My daughters were both spitter-uppers (is that a word?)

Here's some info from the WebMD Health & Baby Center about babies spitting up: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/tc/spitting-up-topic-overview

And there's even a video "Why Do Babies Spit Up ?"

I love your profile pix - I'll have to find one of my girls (2.5 and 6) to put up!

Haylen

phoenix31674 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks. :) I need to take a new one since DS is now almost 5 months old and might actually look at the camera. Plus he looks a lot different.

and yes, babies are gooey. I just got a really big spit up from him yesterday. Ran all over everything, no bib would contain it. *yuck*

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone!!! My name is Elizabeth and I am 23 years old, DH is 27, and our DS aka "pookie" was born 3/24/10. At 32 weeks I was diagnoised ...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.