Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sometimes refusses bottle...
ChristenMarvin posted:
Hey everyone! My 4 month old daughter is 15 pounds and 7oz. She has about 30 oz of formula a day and just this week started a cereal feeding in the evening of a little more than a teaspoon of rice cereal. Im just wondering if any of you other parents ever have the problem with your baby's not seeming to want their bottles. For example my daughter got up this morning after sleeping all night and only had 4 oz. (Normally she has 6) I just called the Daycare to check on her and they said that she only wanting about 2 oz at a time. This is unusual for her, although she has done this before. I guess being a first time mom, any time she does anything out of the norm I get paranoid. What do you parents think? Thanks a bunch!!

KSHoh responded:
Have you asked her doc if she is teething yet? Sometimes when they start teething they can sometimes not want to eat becasue their gums are painful. If it happens every so often I would not worry about it but if it goes on for like a week or so with no change I would take her in to the doc just to be on the safe side, she sounds like she has a pretty healthy weight but you dont want her loosing a lot of weight suddenly. Also when my son went to solids he started drinking less but not down to 2 oz.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for posting!

"First Time Mom" and "Paranoid" go hand in hand! I agree with the poster below - teething could be the problem.

And I was never hesitant to take my 2 daughters into the office - although I think many of my co-pays were "mom reassurance" instead of actual medical advice or treatment

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of 4 beautiful chidren. Destiny is 11, Kevin 9, Danayah 7, and Devin is 5 months old. My family means everything to me. I love them s...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.