Skip to content
is he normal?
thudg posted:
My son is now 5 months old and has 3 older sister ranging from 8 to 5 yrs old. I have raised him the same as my other children and done the same things i do when i have babysat in the past but only have cared for girls..... my son screams all the time screams with excitment screams in anger, screams for attenion screams when i change him etc etc he laughs and coo and plays but every 5 mintues he screams so loud the neighbors hear it im sure. Is he normal? how do i break the screaming ?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Well, I've always heard that kids are raised by different parents - you are a different mom now than you were when you had your first child 8 years ago!

Babies are constantly testing out new "talents" and screaming is probably new and exciting for him!

If you are concerned, perhaps bring this up with your pediatrician. It might be a hearing issue. When is his 6 month check up?

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

We are very blessed to have our Adam Michael born on 10-15-2009 at 7 pounds 11 ounces. We had two previous loses one miscarrage at 9 weeks, and one st...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.