Skip to content
Eye Contact?
KimmieApples posted:
My daughter is 11 weeks old. She coos and smiles and seems active and happy. I have a a hard time getting her to make eye contact with me. Whenever I am feeding her she looks directly at me, but a lot of the time when I have her on my lap she looks the other way from me. Is this normal? My Mother-in-law seems to think it isn't, so now I am VERY worried.

jel0267 responded:
I am not sure if it is normal. Have you looked at babycenter.com? They have a lot of good info on development. Otherwise if you are really concerned it would be a good idea to bring it up at her next well visit. What is your MIL concerned about? What does she think it means?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 19 and have a 5 month old son, Jayden, and a 4 year old step daughter, Alexus. I am happily married since June 9,2011. Since this is my first chi...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.