Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Eye Contact?
KimmieApples posted:
My daughter is 11 weeks old. She coos and smiles and seems active and happy. I have a a hard time getting her to make eye contact with me. Whenever I am feeding her she looks directly at me, but a lot of the time when I have her on my lap she looks the other way from me. Is this normal? My Mother-in-law seems to think it isn't, so now I am VERY worried.

jel0267 responded:
I am not sure if it is normal. Have you looked at babycenter.com? They have a lot of good info on development. Otherwise if you are really concerned it would be a good idea to bring it up at her next well visit. What is your MIL concerned about? What does she think it means?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Payton is a true miracle. After having two miscarriages; my husband and I gave up on having children. While at the endochronologists office he specifi...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.