Skip to content
Periods
An_222616 posted:
Hi,

Not really sure where to post this question, but figured someone might have the answer.

I had my first period postpartum when my baby was 10 weeks old...
Does it take time for ones period to get into a regular cycle again???
Before I got pregnant, I was quiet regular 28-32 days, but it has now been way over that (assuming i'm not pregnant again)..

Thanks

kay_kay75 responded:
I have heard it takes time especially if you are breastfeeding to get back to a regular cycle.

I am 3 months after giving birth and still haven't had one, took a test that was negative last week though.

babyjay29 replied to kay_kay75's response:
I HAVE THE SAME PROB AT THE MOMENT MY PERIOD IS RUNNING LATE WELL SO I THOUGHT,HOPE AM NOT PREGNANT THOUGH,HAVE A 5 MTH OLD BREASTFEEDING AS WELL,BUT MY CYCLE IS NOT REGULAR AS BEFORE.
MAYBE IT ALL HAVE TO DO WITH BREASTFEEDING,WAITING AND SEE FOR THIS MONTH IF NOT,I'LL TAKE A TEST

An_222617 responded:
I think everyone is different in regards to what pregnancy and breastfeeding does to their body. I was totally irregular before getting pregnant, and since I had my daughter I have been like clockwork. If you think there is a chance you could be pregnant, take a test. Otherwise (or if it's negative), I would say it is probably just a normal part of the crazy hormones from having a baby.

kay_kay75 responded:
finally had my first cycle after giving birth at 4 months 2 weeks... it is not pleasent at all... I am ready to be pregnant again! LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ihave a sweet baby girl, Claire, that was born on 1/26/11 after an induced labor ending in a c-section.

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.