Skip to content
Periods
An_222616 posted:
Hi,

Not really sure where to post this question, but figured someone might have the answer.

I had my first period postpartum when my baby was 10 weeks old...
Does it take time for ones period to get into a regular cycle again???
Before I got pregnant, I was quiet regular 28-32 days, but it has now been way over that (assuming i'm not pregnant again)..

Thanks

kay_kay75 responded:
I have heard it takes time especially if you are breastfeeding to get back to a regular cycle.

I am 3 months after giving birth and still haven't had one, took a test that was negative last week though.

babyjay29 replied to kay_kay75's response:
I HAVE THE SAME PROB AT THE MOMENT MY PERIOD IS RUNNING LATE WELL SO I THOUGHT,HOPE AM NOT PREGNANT THOUGH,HAVE A 5 MTH OLD BREASTFEEDING AS WELL,BUT MY CYCLE IS NOT REGULAR AS BEFORE.
MAYBE IT ALL HAVE TO DO WITH BREASTFEEDING,WAITING AND SEE FOR THIS MONTH IF NOT,I'LL TAKE A TEST

An_222617 responded:
I think everyone is different in regards to what pregnancy and breastfeeding does to their body. I was totally irregular before getting pregnant, and since I had my daughter I have been like clockwork. If you think there is a chance you could be pregnant, take a test. Otherwise (or if it's negative), I would say it is probably just a normal part of the crazy hormones from having a baby.

kay_kay75 responded:
finally had my first cycle after giving birth at 4 months 2 weeks... it is not pleasent at all... I am ready to be pregnant again! LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Lauren. My husband and I had been ttc for 2 years when in Feb 09 I was at my yearly appt and the Dr came in to tell me that my test wasn't...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful