Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Baby talk
    An_222618 posted:
    I could have sworn I heard my baby mumbling words that I could understand at 3 months old! I told people she was "talking". I told this to a DCFS investigator, and she opened an investigation on me based upon mental illness. DCFS' involvement in my life has caused me to get very sick mentally, be isolated. and lose out on a significant part of my daughter's life. So please tell me, was I crazy to believe she spoke at that age?

scperdomo responded:
    Im gonna have to say no way on this one.

While it's entirely possible that baby's mumbling may have sounded like a real word, its really not possible for them to actually be speaking real words with intent and comprehesion.

Also, with all due respect, Child protective services would open up an investigation on you for simply thinking your baby is communication at 3 months old. There must have been other determining factors there when they decided to investigate you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jennifer. I am a 22yr old woman with a DH-Tim-23 and a DD (Phoebe)-11-4-2009. My DH and I have been married sense 3-3-2007. Our little gi...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
    Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 27 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.