Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
End of swaddling...then what? Ensuring safe, warm and comfortable sleep for baby.
angievb6 posted:
Our 12 week old daughter always breaks free of her swaddle and HATES to have her hands tucked in. I know that covering infants with a blanket is not recommended. How do you put your little one to sleep at night to ensure they are warm enough? Just in a heavier footed sleeper? Use a sleep sack? Maybe just "swaddle" with a blanket from the armpits down?

brewbaby responded:
At the hospital I work at they have done away with swaddeling unless its from the nipple line down. They now either swaddle from the nipple line down with hands free or use a sleep sack because it's supposed to be safer for SIDS. And remeber too that whats comfortable for you is probably comfortable for baby. Sometimes having a baby too bundled up is worse than letting them be a lil cold.

angievb6 replied to brewbaby's response:
Makes sense! Thanks for the insight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 years old and I have a 17 year old son Jayson, 12 year old son James, 10 yearold daughter Abbygail , and a 3 month old daughter Emily. My husb...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.