Skip to content
End of swaddling...then what? Ensuring safe, warm and comfortable sleep for baby.
angievb6 posted:
Our 12 week old daughter always breaks free of her swaddle and HATES to have her hands tucked in. I know that covering infants with a blanket is not recommended. How do you put your little one to sleep at night to ensure they are warm enough? Just in a heavier footed sleeper? Use a sleep sack? Maybe just "swaddle" with a blanket from the armpits down?

brewbaby responded:
At the hospital I work at they have done away with swaddeling unless its from the nipple line down. They now either swaddle from the nipple line down with hands free or use a sleep sack because it's supposed to be safer for SIDS. And remeber too that whats comfortable for you is probably comfortable for baby. Sometimes having a baby too bundled up is worse than letting them be a lil cold.

angievb6 replied to brewbaby's response:
Makes sense! Thanks for the insight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Loretta. I am 28 years old. I am a mother to 3( daughter 5, daughter 2, and son 4 mo 11/3/09), stepmother to 3 ( step daughter 16, step son...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful