Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
four month sleep regression
lovelittlemarmy posted:
Can anyone share with me their experiences with the four month sleep regression? My wonderful, sweet baby boy who used to sleep every night from 9pm to 3am, wake for a bottle, then sleep until six, now wakes up every two hours all night? Is there an end? Should I be doing something different? I would love to hear any feedback you may have.

Take the Poll

Did your baby experience a four month sleep regression?
  • yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

Katya1985 responded:
Well, you lucky that you got 4 months of sleep. My boy slept through the night for the first time when he turned 10 months. And before that he would not close his eyes even for a minute. Maybe the milk does not keep him full any more and he starts waking up for more. My baby was a big boy and at our 4 months check up the doctor offered us to start baby cereal.( the only thing with rice cereals is that they give constipation).On your next check up talk to your doctor if that could be an issue.

sdadkin responded:
My son is 4 and half months old and we are experiencing this same thing right now. He used to go to bed between 8-10 pm and then not wake up til 4 or 5 am. Now all of a sudden for the past couple of weeks or so he is waking up like every a hour and a half to two hours. It is driving me crazy! I started him on cereal last week, but he still hasn't got the hang of it and doesn't eat very much at a time. He weighs almost 14 and half pounds now and I figure that he just needs more to eat. I don't want to feed him every two hours in the middle of the night though. I am afraid he will gain too much weight. I hope he figures out how to eat cereal soon!

wmatto83 responded:
Hey guys I haven't been on these communities since my son was born four months ago. Anyways I had the same problem at 3 months. I use to get from about 9 pm to about 1 or 2. wake for a bottle then back to sleep til 6. Now it is 2 or 3 times a night. And just last night he slept right thru from 9:30 to 5:30 but I also started feeding him cearal in the morning fruits at lunch and veggies for dinner washing each down with apple juice. In addition to his bottles it sounds like alot but he is underweight so the dr told be to start doing all that it seems to be helping him sleep. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Payton is a true miracle. After having two miscarriages; my husband and I gave up on having children. While at the endochronologists office he specifi...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.