Skip to content
Baby Food Question!
kay_kay75 posted:
Ok Trying to see what anyone thinks, I can't find a place where it says this is ok or not so maybe you all know. We go to the doctor in a couple of days so I will ask there too... but do you think it is ok to give a 6 month old Mango, or Plums? There aren't any baby foods of them but I know that doesn't mean that we can't do them but don't want to hurt my LO either. Anxious to hear what everyone thinks.
TIA

Kay (36) DF (39) Kayleigh (6 months)

Take the Poll

Is it ok to feed baby other foods than what the commercial people offer IE Mango and Plums?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

ami_nix responded:
mangoes should be fine, I've been researching homemade baby food and mangoes is listed as an appropriate fruit for 6 month olds. I would just make sure that you give each new fruit etc. a week to make sure there is no reaction before trying the next. The plums I would ask your MD about. I think they have a natural laxative effect that may be a little rough on small tummies. Good Luck!
Noah's mom----when a new baby laughs for the first time a new fairy is born and as there are always new babies there are always new fairies. - J.M. Barrie, Peter and Wendy, 1911

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 years old and I have a 17 year old son Jayson, 12 year old son James, 10 yearold daughter Abbygail , and a 3 month old daughter Emily. My husb...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.