Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New Here/Baby's first foods
RAG885 posted:
Hi Everyone. My name is Ruth Ann. I have a 4 month old son, he is my first child and last night was his first feeding on solid foods. I have read in what to expect the first year to start with 1 meal a day of solids then work your way up to morning and evening for the next month or so. I'm not sure how long to just do 1 evening meal for? My son's doctor explained about solid foods and recommended reading about it in the what to expect book but she didn't specify for how long. What are some of your experiences? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

brewbaby responded:
Babies really don't need solid food for nutrition and for now it's just practice. Infact the APA doesnt recommend solids until 6 months. THere was a really good article about solids WEBMD sent to me via a email newsletter I get weekly on parenting. It was really helpful for me.

cshyronia replied to brewbaby's response:
my baby is 6 months. his dr gave me the ok at 4 months to start solids. i still dont always feed him solid food in a day . there no specific guide line to how many meals a day. best way is to watch ur baby and see what they want. becuase my baby eats and still wants a bottle. my dr just said try 1 food at a time for at least a week before u introduce a new food

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old, and a first time mommy. Aidan was born on 10/09/09 at 11:47am, 7lbs 15oz and 20 inches. At four months he is now 13lbs 8oz and 26 i...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.