Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tummy time
MSettle78 posted:
My big boy hate tummy time ! EVERYTIME I put him on his belly he screams. He has no interest in it. Sometimes I put him on his belly to sleep so I know he likes it then. But as far as play time he will just take his head and bury it and scream. I know that tummy time is key to holding their head up. Any suggestions ? He holds his head up pretty well already but he needs to do tummy time !!!

kay_kay75 responded:
Still try to do little bits of tummy time several times a day, my DD hated tummy time until she got a little stronger to push herself up more to be able to see things. This is essential in their development so even if it is only 2 or so minutes to start with keep working with him and building up to more and more time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi All!! I have a wonderful little baby boy who was born on 5/24/11. He is the greatest baby! So good! I have been blessed! I also have two brittany d...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.