Skip to content
how do u...
Anon_125277 posted:
just wanted to know how you counted ur LO's age...do you count every 4 wks as a month or the day (the #) ur LO was born as a month?

Olivetre responded:
I go by the day. My dd was born on July 10th so on Oct. 10 she will be 4 months. This is also how they do shot updates. I would not be able to schedule her to get her 4 month shots until the 10 or later.

camsmom11 responded:
It is confusing to me too. My LO is 14 weeks today but he was born July 26th. If someone asks, I always tell them how many weeks he is.

Anon_125277 replied to camsmom11's response:
that's what I do too...and I was counting every 4 wks as a month...my little guy was born 7/31, so, if I count every 4 wks as a month till his first b-day, he will be 13 months on his birthday...so, I think we should count a month on the day he was born. I was thinking my baby was 3 months on the 23rd of Oct., but doing it the other way, he just turn 3 months yesterday...so confusing! lol

wmatto83 responded:
Yep I do the same thing as Olivetre I count by months based on what the Doctors office does with the shots plus it is just easier to say 4 months instead of 24 weeks LOL for some reason people cannot calculate that I use to do that when i was pregnant I would say I am 16 weeks and they would say so how many months is that LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI! My name is Adah. I'm married with 3 children-Xavier 7, Charis 5+ and Tahlia 3months-I love my family to bits! My hobbies include reading,shopp...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful