Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question about teething.
camsmom11 posted:
My LO is 14 weeks old. He is drooling an awful lot and is constantly chewing on his fingers. I was wondering, do babies get their teeth that early. My DD didn't get her first tooth til after she was one. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

butterflygirl_530 responded:
My DS 1 was about 8 months when he got his first tooth. My DS 2 got his at 4 months and hes fixing to be 6 months and already has 3 bottom teeth. So its a possibility that he may be teething. Each child is different. HTH

wmatto83 responded:
Yea my little guy has been doing what your LO is doing since he is 3 months also he is 5 months and still no teeth but he is defintely teething I heard it can take a few months since the symptoms start.

zabroza86 responded:
My LO has been gnawing at his hand, shirt, bib, blanket, actually practically anything that is close for him to grab. I remember taking my LO to the Pedi because he was congested and when I asked if he was teething, her response was...."No, its too early for him to be getting any symptoms." Mind you she DIDN'T open his mouth...ya I have that kind of a Dr. Anywho, I can see the individual teeth and some pointy parts on top and bottom, but nothing has poked through. I'm in no rush though.
JoAnna: 25, Marcus: 25, Kaleb: DOB 6/16/2011 4 months old, Duke (black chihuahua) 1 year, and Vash (rottweiler/lab mix) 2 years.

wmatto83 replied to zabroza86's response:
LOL yes I asked his Dr the last time also and he said no he is not teething but everyone else says yes he is based on the drool and sucking on his fingers and putting everything in hsi mouth. I think Doctors go too much sometime on what the average child should be doing at such age.
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 2 Brittany Fury Sons (both 5)

camsmom11 replied to wmatto83's response:
Thanks girls, that really helps. He also chews on anything he can get in his hands. He also loves looking at himself in the mirror which I think is so darn cute.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Payton is a true miracle. After having two miscarriages; my husband and I gave up on having children. While at the endochronologists office he specifi...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.