Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Motor Fume
MSettle78 posted:
My husband is a mechanic and to get some extra money hes working on car's out of our garage. Problem is when he pulls motor's out he keeps them in the garage, and the smell SOMEHOW lingers in our house. I guess its like Anti freeze and Oil. He swears its non toxic to our son but I dont know. What is everyone's opinion do I need to go stay at my moms ughhhh he drives me crazy

wmatto83 responded:
I would check with your pedi. I know my husband does the same thing for now and then. I try to air out the house as much as I can but now it is coming into winter. You can always get a carbon minoxide dector we have and it nevers goes off when he is doing that stuff. Your husband can also look into get a vent that you hook up to the exhaust and it vent right outside then.
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 2 Brittany Fury Sons (both 5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old, and a first time mommy. Aidan was born on 10/09/09 at 11:47am, 7lbs 15oz and 20 inches. At four months he is now 13lbs 8oz and 26 i...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.