Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question about naps...
Anon_136237 posted:
I have a 3 month old that I am in need of napping advice on.... She is a fabulous sleeping during the night. We have a routine with bathtime, pj's on, feeding, and putting her down. She will sleep from 8pm-8am straight through! It's just great!

However..... when she naps during the day she absolutely hates to be put down. She falls asleep pretty easily as usual but once we set her down she will wake up in 10 minutes no matter how tired she is. And we have been told that we shouldn't swaddle her during the day because that will mess up her sleep at night.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what would help or anybody having dealt with it? My husband thinks we should just continue to try and put her down, let her cry for a bit, then try again. Thoughts?

Thanks mommies!

lenono97 responded:
I tend to agree with your husband. My son is four months old and we don't have a good nap time routine yet either. He also is a great sleeper at night. Sometimes I just let him fall asleep in the swing. He sleeps well in there but if I try to move him to his bassinet, he wakes right up! I think it's just another routine that needs to be established. So keep trying! With my daughter, I don't think she took good scheduled naps until closer to six months.

jminer333 responded:
My son is 8 months. When I put him down for his naps, there are times where he will wake up after 30 minutes. I keep him in his crib and let him cry for probably 20 minutes and he usually falls back asleep on his own. I used to swaddle my son during naps. It was the only way to get him to sleep. I stopped using the swaddle after 2 months and let him sleep on his stomach for a couple reasons
1. He could get out of his swaddles and I was worried about him strangling himself with them
2. He could lift his head up and look all around
3. When I laid him down unswaddled he would immediatley roll onto his stomach.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I found out we were pregnant at the begining of July. On December 8th I went to my normal monthly checkup and was diagnosed with preacl...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.