Skip to content
Son tilts head to right side
MSettle78 posted:
At my son's 2 month apt. he had a pretty bad case of flat head. The Dr examined him and said that its because he favors one side of his head and tilt's it too much to the right. He said his neck actually is slightly curved to the right because he did it so much. He said to do stretch's with his neck to see if we can help it. He said that he was slightly worried because his slight could be altered. He is now 5 months and still does it. He has amazing head support and tilts it both ways but he for sure favors that right side. He goes back for his 6 month apt, but I dont know if I should call him and bring him in earlier. I looked a little bit online and found torticollis and now I am freaking out. Anyone have any advice ??

lenono97 responded:
My daughter did something similar. At her 1 or 2 month appointment the pedi noticed one side of her neck was tighter then the other and wanted us to take her to physical therapy. We could tell she favored one side, but didn't think it was that serious. What helped was flipping her around in the crib. We turned her so her head was where her feet were so her head would fall the other direction. Never had a problem after that. Good luck.

ahigashi replied to lenono97's response:
My son did the same thing, except now he has to have PT and a helmet because his head is not shaped correctly.

ButterflyBaby1107 responded:
Have you looked into taking him to a chiropractor? Babies necks and spines can get damaged during the birth process and when they don't have the neck strength to support their heads. Adjustments from a chiropractor may help

LinZNye replied to ButterflyBaby1107's response:
Please don't take your baby to a chiropractor. If the baby has a damaged neck or spine, you don't want someone who's not a doctor pushing on it and manipulating it. I would take the advice above to switch the baby around in the crib, there may be something he really likes looking at out one side of the crib and if you switch him around, he'll favor the other side.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Stephanie (23). I am mother to Graceyn Hope born Oct. 27, 2009. And wife to Thomas (23). We have two kitties Myla and Cosmo. I am 2-1-1 a...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.