Skip to content
carseat expiration
QTpie2009 posted:
Hi ladies, I'm from the 2-year-old board. I am posting on this board because I thought this subject might be fresher in your minds. My husband cleaned out the garage/ attic this weekend and came across my DS' infant carrier. We only used it for one month and got a travel system so didn't use it anymore. I have always heard carseats expire but I can't find an expiration or anything stating that it does. I would like to save it but if it will be no good by the time I have another baby then I should just toss it. Do any of you know anything about carseats expiring? Thanks

sdadkin responded:
It seems like I heard somewhere that carseats are only good for about 7 years. I am not sure where I heard that, but I do remember hearing that when I was pregnant with my first. My second DS uses DS1's infant carrier (they are 21 1/2 months apart), but we already bought him a new convertible carseat because he is getting too big for the infant one.

jminer333 responded:
I am pretty sure it's seven years. But you can bring it to any fire dept and have it inspected and they should be able to tell you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old, and a first time mommy. Aidan was born on 10/09/09 at 11:47am, 7lbs 15oz and 20 inches. At four months he is now 13lbs 8oz and 26 i...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.