Skip to content
carseat expiration
QTpie2009 posted:
Hi ladies, I'm from the 2-year-old board. I am posting on this board because I thought this subject might be fresher in your minds. My husband cleaned out the garage/ attic this weekend and came across my DS' infant carrier. We only used it for one month and got a travel system so didn't use it anymore. I have always heard carseats expire but I can't find an expiration or anything stating that it does. I would like to save it but if it will be no good by the time I have another baby then I should just toss it. Do any of you know anything about carseats expiring? Thanks

sdadkin responded:
It seems like I heard somewhere that carseats are only good for about 7 years. I am not sure where I heard that, but I do remember hearing that when I was pregnant with my first. My second DS uses DS1's infant carrier (they are 21 1/2 months apart), but we already bought him a new convertible carseat because he is getting too big for the infant one.

jminer333 responded:
I am pretty sure it's seven years. But you can bring it to any fire dept and have it inspected and they should be able to tell you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, My name is Ange. I am the proud mommy of four beautiful children. I have two DD's and two DS's. My girls are 13 and 3 months and my ...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful