Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vomiting every few days after breastfeeding?
lilygracesmom posted:
My little girl is shy a week from being 3 months old and just started vomiting like crazy. She vomited 5 times in one day and we took her to the ER. The doc said it was a stomach bug. We got admitted to the hospital to watch over her while breastfeeding. She did really good and then I got the stomach bug. I continued to breastfeed her and we thought we were both good. We went grocery shopping and then she vomited again all over herself and her car seat. I continued to breastfeed her and she got better. She began to vomit again two days later. It has been like this for a week now. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if she is not able to disgust my breast milk anymore. Please HELP!!!!! Before all this she has been just fine with everything and never fussy or cry. She is really fussy and cries when you lay her down now.

kell0613 responded:
I would make an appt to see your Pedi right away. Is she actually vomiting or just spitting up?? (My daughter spits a lot, and it seems like it was the entire feeding, but it is just a couple tablespoons worth of milk) Crying when lying down, especially after eating kind of sounds like reflux. My LO is 4.5 months and HATES lying flat on her back, especially after feeding. Not sure why it would have started out of the blue - maybe a change to your diet? I'd say its worth a trip to the Dr to get their opinion. Don't give up on BF though!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, My name is Ange. I am the proud mommy of four beautiful children. I have two DD's and two DS's. My girls are 13 and 3 months and my ...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.