Skip to content
Hair loss
ButterflyBaby1107 posted:
My baby just turned 3 months old and now my hair is starting to fall out by the handfulls! It is alot, whenever I brush it or wash it I am loosing big clumps--afraid that I am going to be bald. I read that this is normal and it is because of the change in hormones from being pregnant--but is there anything that I can do to help or get my hair to grow again? Anyone else dealing with this?

Allaya9 responded:
Ah yes been going through that, it's just your body adjusting to the change in hormones. My son is 5 months old and the hair loss is finally starting to taper off though I still lose a good bit but not as much as I was. It will get better, unfortunately there isn't anything to be done until your hormones adjust, sorry. And don't worry you won't go bald.
Me (36) Hubby (37) - Lochlan Sidney born 9/9/11

kell0613 responded:
I'm right there with you! I've read that the life cycle of your hairs are extended during pregnancy...that's how we ended up with thick beautiful hair. Now all the hairs that should have shed back thru the months of our pregnancy are all shedding now, which is why I'm losing hair by the handful now. Apparently it settles down around the 6 month mark or a little before. Your hair is still growing normally, don't worry!

sdadkin responded:
My son is 9 months old and my hair is just now back to normal. I was so worried when this happened after my first pregnancy (my 9 month old is my second). It's pretty scary to see all of that hair on the floor, in the brush, in the shower... But it gets better. I promise you won't go bald! Your hair will get back to normal. I would just buy some nice shampoo and conditioner and try not to worry about it!

kbjoe responded:
I have a 6 mo old and I am going through the same thing. People kept telling me it was because of the anesthesia from my C-section. I have a 11 yr old son and I don't remember having this problem with him (also had a c-section). I can't wait until it is over, I hope I still have some hair left. LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of 4 beautiful chidren. Destiny is 11, Kevin 9, Danayah 7, and Devin is 5 months old. My family means everything to me. I love them s...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.