Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Baby eating disorder
Alinaantonia posted:
I have a 3 mo old baby boy. His current weight is 11.70 pounds from 7.71 pounds at birth. I am breastfeeding him and starting 3 days have tried to mix with bottle as my milk flow reduced. His intake per meal is less than 0.22 pound - average is around 0.15 - I kept asking doctors here for advice but everyone says I should force feed him - which I simply cannot do! I am associating this limited appetite with his condition of dermatities atopic - on this one inspite of trying all possible and best lotions,cremes and moisturizers, it simply won't go away! Can this be a link between the two conditions - low eating and dermatities...Please give me some idea!

leftcoastgirl responded:
Does he wet a lot of diapers per day and poop regularly? And has his weight gain been good? If so, you can probably worry a little less. As for "force feeding," that's pretty much impossible to do with an infant. You can't MAKE them eat. But if you're having problems with milk supply, I'd recommend you always nurse him first and THEN switch to a bottle. That should at least help maintain your supply. Good luck!!!
Me (35), DH (35), DD (3), DD (born Jan. 6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, My name is Ange. I am the proud mommy of four beautiful children. I have two DD's and two DS's. My girls are 13 and 3 months and my ...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.