Skip to content
crying baby
An_245629 posted:
I dont know what to do. I am caring for my 5 month old grandson and am very concerned. He wants to b held all day long. I i put him down he screams. When I pick him up he instantly quiets. I cant carry him around all day long or I get nothing done. He will cry until I pick him up. What can I do? Also hes not doing anything physical like rolling over. He will just lay there and cry. Should I b concerned? At home his mother never puts him down, he goes from arms to arms. Could this b the problem?

Take the Poll

crying
  • advice on what to do
  • medical possibilities
  • could it b a psychological problem
vote
View Poll Results

leftcoastgirl responded:
I wouldn't worry about there being any kind of problem if his parents and pedi aren't concerned. Some babies are just more sensitive and need to be held more. My older daughter was a very fussy, high-needs baby. My younger daughter is much more mellow. It just depends on their disposition. And we are very much a "baby is always held" kind of family.

You mention that you care for your grandson - I'm guessing that means you do so on a regular basis? If so, what sorts of things do you need to get done? I'd recommend focusing as much attention on him as you can during the time you care for him and don't worry about things like chores or errands. And if there are things you need to do like making yourself something to eat, perhaps you could wear him in a sling or wrap while you're doing it?

Best of luck to you!!
Me (35), DH (35), DD (3), DD (born Jan. 6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Proud First time Mommy to Kaleb born on June 16, 2011 @ 10:57pm weighing in at 7lbs 10in 20.5 inches long. :) Kaleb just will be turning 5 months on t...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.