Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 month old twins hate tummy time
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
I've been trying to get my babies to lay on their stomachs since they were very tiny but they hate it. They both scream when I put them on their stomachs in their baby gym or other surface. They're both really strong and can hold their heads up and push up, so I don't understand why they hate it so much.

Anybody else going through this?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Lots of babies hate tummy time. Some can only handle it for a few minutes or less others are okay with it. My son didn't mind it but a lot of my friends said their kiddos hated it. My son also started turning onto his side if we laid him on his back and then he started rolling over shortly after and then we couldn't keep him off of his belly. They will get used to it. You could try shorter times more often too,

sumis replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Don't worry .My DS hate it too .He is almost 4 months and he use to hate before a 1 week and my doctor wanted him to be tummy to avoid flat head but he would scream if I put him on tummy .now he seems to be ok .so don't worry .

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Stephanie (23). I am mother to Graceyn Hope born Oct. 27, 2009. And wife to Thomas (23). We have two kitties Myla and Cosmo. I am 2-1-1 a...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.