Skip to content
Sleeping through the night
An_248606 posted:
My baby is 4 1/2 months old and has went from sleeping through the night to waking up about every 2-3 hours. She is breast fed and I supplement formula and have tried to give her some formula before bed to help her sleep as suggested by my doctor. I have also tried to give her some cereal before her last feeding and shd does not seem to want it and really doesn't swallow enough of it to help. Any suggestions?

sumis responded:
May be she is not ready for solids yet .You might want to wait a little bit .Also its better to Breastfeed before sleeping than formula as it calms the baby down more than forumla.My 4 1/2 old won't sleep for more than 2 -3 hrs as well and hius Paed said its normal for babies to behave like that

KellyCika responded:
It could possibly be because your baby is teething. My baby is 5 months old and already starting to teeth. She wakes up quite often as well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Lauren. My husband and I had been ttc for 2 years when in Feb 09 I was at my yearly appt and the Dr came in to tell me that my test wasn't...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.