Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My 3 month old DD has Torticollis
mommyin2011 posted:
Have you or anyone you know had a child that has this? Im worried that there might be long terms problems. I read some info on WebMD about it. It doesn't see too serious, but I am still worried for my little girl.

Any info you have about it would be helpful.

Thank you!
Proud mommy of DS (7/31/11) and DD (7/18/12)

namos54 responded:
As a Physical therapist i can tell you Torticollis can become a serious condition. However, with proper treatment can be corrected. Talk to you MD about getting physical therapy for little miss. They will help you with learning how to stetch her neck and hopefully correcting it. Between now and then try to get her to look to the other side using toys or talking to her from the other side. If you are bottle feeding, flip the way you are holding her when she eats. So if her head is usually craddled in your left arm switch it so it is craddled in your right. Hope this helps!

Anon_125277 replied to namos54's response:
Thank you. I am doing the stretching exercises. I have noticed that her left eye goes in. Does this also have something to do with Torticollis? Its her left side that she always turns to...I am so worried for her!

sumis replied to Anon_125277's response:
Don't worry .Children who have tortocollis tend to use one eye more than theother .SO try to place hre crib mobile toys on the other side so she practises more on other eye ,Close the left eye and then try to show her favouite Toy or book and see how she responds.Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ihave a sweet baby girl, Claire, that was born on 1/26/11 after an induced labor ending in a c-section.

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.