Skip to content
Possible abuse of my 5 month old.
GinaCap posted:
Incredibly nervous... Yesterday I went to work and left my 5 month old daughter with my dad for about a half hour, who I trust fully as he raised three girls with the constant watch of my wonderful mother. When I got home she had a red patch of skin by the front of her genitals and the inside of her was redder than it should have been, I think. Also the rash looked odd to me the minute I saw it. I even took her to the hospital just to make sure. I told them that I was worried about the diaper rash as it looked a little different than usual. The doctor looked at it and gave me cream for diaper rash and sent me on my way. They didnt even look inside at all but the doctor seemed quite nonchalant about it. I do not want to implicate anybody and I would have never thought that he would do something like that but you never know. I dont know, cant really talk to anybody about this, maybe someone else has a similar situation and can help me figure this out. Confused, and scared.

MENDEZWARD responded:
Did you ever take your baby to her pediatrician? Their are a number of test they can do;for example they can do a culture and swab the babies genitals to check for certain bacteria. Has there been any more problems since then?

amason412 responded:
if this is your concern, advise the doctor that you don't feel like just leaving with cream is sufficient. I would recommend that even if it is a rash, you get her checked. If her rash has worsened you will at least be at ease with knowing something more traumatic has not happened to your baby

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 years old and I have a 17 year old son Jayson, 12 year old son James, 10 yearold daughter Abbygail , and a 3 month old daughter Emily. My husb...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.