Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First time Mom...Feeling CRAZY????
lev25 posted:
Recently I went into my babies room to find her awake and breathing, but with puke all over her head an mattress (yellow in color). I picked her up and I could tell somthing was up. I was walking out of her room and noticed her Hand were blue. I became concerned. first thought in my head was that maybe she was cold, so I started a bath got her undressed and put her in the tub. Thats when I noticed her feet as well as her mouth were blue. Now I got really scared!!!! I called the doctor they wanted to see her. I took her in and the Dr. said that her ear and throat looked really rough and that she had the start of strep. He gave us meds. and sent us home. Well my daughter started puking, projectile puking, along with diarreha. I was nervous about the blue I had seen earlier, along with her past with all of her puking. I know babies puke but I swear 1/2 hour after i dress her I have to change BOTH her and I. The Dr.s just keep saying WELL babies are just really puking. Well Ok, I get that, but I am scared as heck of why she turned blue. On our way home from our dr. appointment I txt my mom, and she reminded me of a night when I slept over and she took the night shifts, she had became concerned because her hands and feet looked blueish. I am just really scared and concerned and I feel like everyone thinks that I am just being this over reactive mom. Any suggestions, or stories, or anything to help me figure out why this is happening to my little one?

sumis responded:
Don't worry momma .Projectile vomitting is very common when they are young as their digetive system is still weak and the cough due to her infection might be the cause for vomit .Try not to give her tto much food at the same time .just give her like 2 oz every 2 hours.How old is she ?

Spotlight: Member Stories

We are very blessed to have our Adam Michael born on 10-15-2009 at 7 pounds 11 ounces. We had two previous loses one miscarrage at 9 weeks, and one st...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.