Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Worried mom HELP
An_249549 posted:
My son isn't quite 4 months old and today found out he has rsv and bronchiolitis w/severe wheezing. They sent him home w/ a nebulizer every 4 hrs but as early as two hrs if needed. The dr said she normally puts them on steroids also but w/ his current immune system it would make him worse. W/ his history w/ pneumonia at birth (nicu) and breathing problems since then I have learned a lot. Although I have not encountered this before, his mucus is pink (use bulb syringe). Use saline drops, Vicks humidifier, and Tylenol when needed. Any advice?

sumis responded:
stop using vicks .Sometimes vicks might trugger wheezing .give the nebuliser as per advice .Hope he feels better soon

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI! My name is Adah. I'm married with 3 children-Xavier 7, Charis 5+ and Tahlia 3months-I love my family to bits! My hobbies include reading,shopp...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.