Preschool is . . .
  • necessary to get a head start
  • overrated
  • a great way to get some free time during the day
  • preschool??? what's that
vote
View Poll Results

roxanne156 responded:
I don't think it's completely necessary but it's a great way to prepare kids for kindergarten.

Ruthiesmommy2 responded:
I don't think its necessary for every child, but I do think it was necessary for us.

Both DH and I both work full time. Ruthie had been in a daycare center and then we moved her to an in home daycare of someone we trusted when she was diagnosed with a medical condition so she could be closely watched.

She doesnt have to be as closely watched anymore and she got really really comfortable with only being with one caregiver, and with only a few other kids. We started going to church more regularly and she did terribly in the classroom, so much so that I started having my Grandma watch her while we went to church (dont judge me for that--do what you have too right?) So I knew at that point that she needed to be in a classroom, preparing for Kindergarden. There is a good Private k-12 school near us that we luckily got accepted into the preschool program with and she has flourished so much, she needed structure, and she needed to have somewhere where she was not the center of attention (or close to it). For us its more about those aspects than the actual curriculum but its great she is having skills reinforced for Kindergarden that we have worked on at home as well as stuff we havnt like spanish and sign language and science.

Hah I think you were just looking for the answer on your poll :)

Bailey98029 replied to Ruthiesmommy2's response:
None of these are really my answer. I don't think it's necessary academically but do think it's a huge advantage to build social skills in bigger groups and in learning to listen and take direction from other authority figures other than mom and dad. I chose "great way for some time..." because that's the mommy advantage!

Silver623 responded:
Definitely necessary for us as DS needs work with social development. Because of our schedules the kids don't go to daycare so preschool is necessary. Not sure it is for every child though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for over 9 years. I have a very active DS that will be 3 in December. I work full time so DS is in a home daycare which he loves.

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.