Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Loss of Appetite in a 3 year old
ashleighd10 posted:
My 3 year old has recently stopped eating like he used to. He would eat till we had to make him stop, but now he barley eats anything all he wants is to drink all the time. I vaguely remember something like this with my oldest, just wondering if it could be cause for concern.

Richymartinez responded:
I have never come across anything like this with my kid. It could be something temporary - I would suggest give it a few days before really starting to worry.

im4shoes77 replied to Richymartinez's response:
My 3 yr old goes through sprurts like hat too. He might nibble here or there but never really Eats. I don't worry about it too much, I just don't let him eat junk between meals, fruits and Veggies only. They won't starve, they will eat when they get hungry.

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
What is he drinking? If he is drinking too much milk, it could be filling him up too much to eat.

I would just make sure what he is eating is healthy and monitor his milk intake. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much.
Emily (5) Elizabeth (3)

cinder44 responded:
plus if he's filling up on liquids(milk or juice) he will feel full & won't want to eat food. try to cut back on those liquids but water should be ok.
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

jnamom81 responded:

Yep my DD does the same thing. She wants to drink drink drink and then she doesn't want to eat. If I cut back on her drink, then she eats more. I just get concerned that she is always thirsty cause that could be another problem. Her dad is the same way tho and was tested for diabetes many times when he was young because of excessive thirst.

motherlove24 replied to jnamom81's response:
my child is the same way. she will drink chocolote milk like its her last meal. but wont eat real food. what can i do?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for over 9 years. I have a very active DS that will be 3 in December. I work full time so DS is in a home daycare which he loves.

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.