Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Poll - Football Season
mrv77 posted:
Are you a football fan?

Is your DC a fan?

For what team?

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game?

Do you dress up DC?

If you are not a fan do you still dress up?

What is your party food of choice?
Me (32)DD (3)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

VicsEandJ responded:
Are you a football fan? YES!!! I am wearing my Jets necklace and Jets earrings right now ( they play tonight!). My Jets panties and tank top I like to wear as a set and don't look good with today's shirt. I also have Jets fleece pants, sweatshirts and tshirts. DH has a Jets tie and cufflinks besides the normal stuff.

Yeserday I taped the full page full season schedule to the wall near the kitchen so can remember what time the games are each week.

Is your DC a fan? Both went to school today in their Jets t-shirts. DS also had on Jets socks- I forgot that DD needs a pair! The both know J-E-T-S Jets!Jets!Jets and DS knows who fireman Ed is!

For what team? The Jets

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game? We don't have parties becuse that would require me to clean :-). If they win the Superbowl I will throw one- or at least cook for someone elses!

Pre-kids we would sometimes go out to watch at a bar but our favortie place on the couch.

Do you dress up DC? See above. I am still waiting for their Jets sweatsuits to come from nflfanshop.

If you are not a fan do you still dress up? We dresed up the kids since birth- for all of our teams, before they knew what was going on.

What is your party food of choice? Tonight we are having steak and french fries to havee with one of the two bottles of Jets wine I bought DH for his birthday. We are saving one bottle for SuperBowl victory!.

What we eat depends on the time of the game, but I always make some game food- even pre-season. The first full season after we lived together I made a meal featuring something known from the city the opponent was from- yes I am NUTS!

:-)
Me (42), DH, DS (3), DD (1 1/2)

LittleTandMe responded:
Are you a football fan? Yes, sort of. I prefer NFL, but college football is much more popular around here. Alabama vs. Auburn is serious business.

Is your DC a fan? Not really. DH is teaching him to say Go Gators!

For what team? College, FL Gators, GA Bulldogs, or GA Tech. Whoever is playing. NFL, I was a Saints fan, but they don't need me anymore, so I think I am switching to the Detroit Lions this year. Poor things. They are so terrible.

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game? No parties, never have. When DH is home, we watch on the couch, when he is not home I don't watch a whole game. It puts me to sleep for some reason. But it is great to crochet to!

Do you dress up DC? Yes, mostly Gator stuff for his dad. We need to get him some new stuff this year.

If you are not a fan do you still dress up? I don't, just cause I don't feel like spending money on it. I have a few Florida shirts that in-laws got me.

What is your party food of choice? See above. But it just isn't a football game without a beer, even though I don't like it much.

FarmWife1979 responded:
Are you a football fan? Somewhat - more college than NFL, though.

Is your DC a fan? Sort of - she laughs when someone gets tackled really hard.

For what team? Mizzou and Alabama for college, I'm usually rooting for the underdog when I comes to the NFL.

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game? We don't host parties or go out to watch, we just chill on the couch with some snacks.

Do you dress up DC? Not for games, but last year DD was a Mizzou cheerleader for Halloween.

If you are not a fan do you still dress up? Not really.

What is your party food of choice? Mexican bean dip and chips.
Holly (31) DH (37) DD (2.5 - born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

UKbluegirl2 replied to FarmWife1979's response:
Are you a football fan? Yes. I prefer college and only the University of Ky. What can I say? I bleed blue regardless of the state. :-) My DH likes the Jets; as he says, even back when they stank!

Is your DC a fan? Yes DD1 and DS both know the "Go Cats!" cheer.

For what team? :-)

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game? We tailgate at the stadium for home games.

Do you dress up DC? Of course!

If you are not a fan do you still dress up? N/A

What is your party food of choice? BEER!!!

DidiToo responded:
Are you a football fan? I'm mildly interested. I'm a Bills fan so if it were more than a mild interest, I'd need to be on antidepressants.

Is your DC a fan? They know both the Bills' song and the New York Giants one (DH's team). They like when the games are on because I will sack them randomly while yelling, "Football! Football! Football!"

For what team? See above. DS1 said this weekend, "Wow, the Bills really stink." I said to DH, "He sounds like one of the a.m. 550 call-in people already, at age six."

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game? Usually at home, although we rarely watch an entire game.

Do you dress up DC? No

If you are not a fan do you still dress up? No

What is your party food of choice? Taco dip!

DidiToo replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Vic - Jets PANTIES?!? LMAO!!! :-D

UKbluegirl2 replied to DidiToo's response:
I know Didi. I was online looking at Ebay for UK stuff and I saw UK gear including underwear. I wondered who would buy those and now I know! ;-)

j9ween2 responded:
HATE football
Janine (Tyler - 5, Bella - 3 and Giana - 5 months)

VicsEandJ replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
Hey ladies, I woudl be offended by your comments about my Jest panties, but this is the first season in 4 years that I can fit them again- so I can't WAIT to put them on!!! :-) :-)I have warned you guys that I am weird.

I bought them for DH for his birthday pre-kids. He doesn't mind a half naked woman bringing him beer and food while cheering during the game. When you're anti-social and like to be home, these things happen.

DH has been a fan of the Jets his entire life ( me only since we stated dating 9 years ago and they haven't been their stinkiest durign that stretch), so the poor man needs something else to think about during a lot of their games!

Didi its very funny that your DS knows the Bills are bad. In the last year, DS has heard us say how bad the Nets and Mets are-luckily, so far he only says 'they suck' at home! :-)

Sis- I crochet while watching sports too!

mrv77 responded:
Are you a football fan?No

Is your DC a fan?She likes it just because her dad likes it.

For what team? She is a Bears Fan of course

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game?Now that we have a bigger place I guess our place is going to be the it place for away games.

Do you dress up DC? I am thinking about getting her some barrettes in Bears colors and a cute tutu I saw.

If you are not a fan do you still dress up?I dont dress up but Victoria's Secret came out with an NFL line with some stuff I would wear check it out

http://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/shop-by-team

What is your party food of choice?I dont mind the food. Pizza, boneless wings, chips and dip, all the good stuff.
Me (32)DD (3)

VicsEandJ replied to mrv77's response:
Thanks Maria. I can't look at the Victoria's secret stuff at work- the site is blocked for nudity!

I'll check it out at home- maybe give DH something other than the white cotton set I have now!

:-)

mrv77 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
They have NY Jets stuff so def. check it out.
Me (32)DD (3)

jlc78 responded:
Are you a football fan? Yes

Is your DC a fan? DS will watch anything sports. DD could care less still.

For what team? Eagles

Do you have parties at your home? If not where do you go to watch the game? Sometimes. Usually we do a party for my birthday and one for DH's.

Do you dress up DC? The kids always have their Eagles gear on for Sunday football!

If you are not a fan do you still dress up? N/A

What is your party food of choice? soft pretzels bites from Philly Pretzel Factory.
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

VicsEandJ replied to jlc78's response:
Philly is the best place for game food! I love that city.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is ashley and i am new to the mommy scene and need all the advice i can get..i have a stepdaughter that is 3 and we have one on the way..emoti...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.