Skip to content
Blisters on corner of mouth.
Amanda1981 posted:
Abbigail has 3 small white bumps on her lips at the corner of her mouth, she tells me they hurt. Not really sure what it is, she is running a low grade fever, coughing and stuffed up.

Any ideas?

HayleesMom2007 responded:
Sounds like it could be Hand, Foot and Mouth. DD just had it a few weeks ago. Check her hands and feet for small red bumps that kind of look like chicken pox. Also check the inside of her mouth for more sores/blisters, they are usually on the tongue, cheeks and can be on the outside around the mouth as well. Hope this isn't what she has but with the blisters at the corners of her mouth, low grade fever and cold like symptoms it sure sounds like it to me.

Amanda1981 replied to HayleesMom2007's response:
I just checked and she doesn't have any blisters anywhere else, the only other things I noticed is a small red patchy looking thing on the inside of her cheek, and I found another small blister on her lower lip.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been doing child care for almost 23 years. I love my job & am very knowledgeable about many aspects of childrearing, but sometimes, kids ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.