Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Who does your child look like?
tlkittycat1968 posted:
DS look so much like DH that when he was born, the nurses asked if we picked out his name after he was born (he's a Jr). When DS was in daycare and DH picked him up for the first time, they knew who he was picking up without asking.

DD is my miniature twin. My mom has a picture of me when I was about 6 months old and if you didn't know better, you would say it was DD.

Take the Poll

Who does your child resemble?
  • Daddy
  • Mommy
  • Some other relative
  • The mailman :)
vote
View Poll Results
FirstPrevious12NextLast

megmoo78 responded:
My DD and DS 1 look more like DH, and DS 2 looks like my side of the family but not me. He looks like one of my older brothers. Now he acts just like DH.
Megan,DH,DD,DS1,DS2

UKbluegirl2 responded:
Happily all three of our children look like me. DD1 is a blonde me, DS is a sandy brown me and DD2 is a mini-me complete with dark hair! :-) You can see parts of DH in each of them (well not DD2), but there is no mistaking that they are my babies. :-)

ShayKTen responded:
DH will never be able to deny that either of our girls are his (not that he has or will)

dd2 is a freaking spitting image of him that its insane. MIL has a pic of DH at dd's age now and they look identical in the picture too!

DD1 I see more and more of my features coming out of her, but she still looks like her daddy

Shena1981 responded:
DD looked exactly like DH until she was 1ish. Now she looks just like me. It's funny how they change. She's also my nieces doppleganger. If you show DD or my 2 yr old nephew a pic of my niece when she was this age, they insist it's DD :)

DidiToo responded:
DS1 looks like his dad, except he has my eyes.

DS2 looks like a giant walking baby. So, it's hard to tell who he resembles more; I think he's going to end up looking more like me, though.

Stephensmom1214 replied to DidiToo's response:
DS looks like me more than DH, but he has his dad's blue eyes. We even make a lot of the same facial expressions!
Patty, DH, and Stephen the great (12/14/06)

ImMe26 replied to Stephensmom1214's response:
My oldest DD looks just like her darn father...exactly she is him with a wig...lol...

Second DD looks in between, not like me ,not like him...good perfect mixture of both of us...

My son...EXACTLY LIKE ME, SPLITTING IMAGE!!! Its so crazy..right down to the blonde hair and blue eyes...my mannerisims (sp?)...my stance...everything...BUT does have his father attitude and temper.

Whats so weird about all this is my kids are mixed races Black& White...you'd never guess my son's father was black at all...lol...the girls you can tell...they have olive colored skin, naturally darker than me...dark hair ,dark eyes....im pretty pale and light eyed..

Kimmy1545 responded:
My DS looks a lot like my DH but I also see traces of my Dad in him so it will be interesting to see what he looks like as he ages. His personality is all DH though...

My DD is the absolute spitting image of me. Totally and completely. Even her personality (bossiness!) is all me. Everyone tells me that she is my mini-me. She is in a new school this year and I grew up knowing some of the people that work in the Mom's Morning Out program at the school. They had never met or seen DD and were able to pick her out of a class of 20 kids with no problem because she looks just like me.

mol13 replied to Kimmy1545's response:
David looks a LOT like DH and Jesse looks a LOT like me. But the boys look enough like each other.

Kimmy1545 replied to mol13's response:
It is interesting... DH and I don't look anything alike (other than skin tone and blue eyes/lightish hair)and our kids are carbon copies of each of us individually but there is no mistaking that DS and DD are siblings. They look a lot alike... to the point that I have been asked multiple times if they are twins (and they are 26 mos apart).

critty000 responded:
They both look like me in the shape of face and shape of eyes, they have DH's lips. Sophie looks most like me. Abby, well she has the mailman's blonde hair and blue eyes. ;)

IslandGirl58 responded:
DD looks like me, mostly. She looked EXACTLY like me for most of the first 2 to 2 1/2 years of her life. But lately she's changed a bit and she looks a bit more like DH. She's more of a blend of us now. Unfortunately she got DH's ears. Luckily, she can hide it with long hair! ;)

DS looks like DH's side of the family but not necessarily like DH. He looks JUST like DH's grandpa, which is bittersweet for us because his grandpa passed away just a month before our wedding, so he never got to meet any of his great grandchildren. I think all 4 of his great grandchildren looked like him when they were born, though, oddly enough! Strong genes I guess.
Me(30) DH(30) DD(3) DS(1)

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
DD is a good mix of both of us. Her eyes and mouth have the same shape as mine, but the shape of her face and a lot of her expressions look like DH. She does look a lot like my baby pics.

abbygailsmom1 responded:
DD1 looks exactly like her daddy but has my personality.

DD2 looks exactly like me but has her daddy's personality.

Neither of them look alike. DD1 has brown hair with some blonde higlights in it, DD2 has snowy white hair. I have never seen hair so white before.

We look funny when we are out because DH, DD1 and I all have brown hair, and here is a little white headed girl. People ask me all the time if she is adopted or where the white hair came from, but she looks just like me when I was little.

I wonder who this little boy is going to look like?
Me (30) DH (28) DD1 (5) DD2 (2) Baby boy Korbin expected via c-section early Jan 2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Heather. I have 2 very active boys, Aidan=4 and Tyler=3. I have been on webmd since TTC Aidan. I've been married to Terry since '0...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.