Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
small red pimple like rash on the buttocks
k12s10 posted:
My almost 3 year old daughter has a small red pimple like rash on her buttocks. I have soaked her in oatmeal baths, lubed her up with zinc oxide creams and used Aveeno lotion. I don't know what else to do. It does't bother her, so I don't want to visit the pediatrician or dermatologist unless it doesn't go away.

mlgbears31 responded:
It could be a yeast infection. You can try lotrimin on it or you might need an Rx for nystatin.

jen088 responded:
I agree with PP that it sounds like yeast. You can buy the OTC creams (monistat, etc) and apply it to the area. You may also try yogurt if you can get her to eat it. I have had good luck with mixing water and powdered oatmeal (put it through the blender or food processor) and applying it to severe diaper rashes if it does start to bother her. Not sure if she is potty trained or not, but keeping her dry with frequent diaper changes will help too.
Me (30) DH (32) DS (3.5) DD (2) 3 EDD 4/23/10 and two beagles!

k12s10 replied to jen088's response:
I think that I will try the monistat. Skye lives on yogurt, so that isn't helping. She is potty trained, but has been a bit lazy lately while she's playing or watching SpongeBob or Dora, ofcourse.

mol13 replied to k12s10's response:
Eating yogurt is helpful but you also need her to cut back on sugars and probably wheat and dairy too, if you think it's a major yeast issue

SumsMom07 responded:
DD has that same pimple... she wears pulls up at night and thats the only thing i can think of.. .as soon as she wakes up we take it off... but it seems like to me it appears after she's woke up wet. (Most nights she wakes up dry)
Tanya (26) DH (28) and DD Born 9/25/07 - Can't believe how fast she's grown!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We met in college and have been together for 13 years! My son Riley is 3.5 (9/2/06) and my daughter Mi...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.