Skip to content
Work Bathroom Etiquette - OT
steckie98 posted:
Ok, so Lynn's "bathroom stench" post got me thinking. At the office I used to work at, there was a mens and womens restroom. Each had two stalls. The ladies all made a pact that if someone else was in the bathroom when we walked in, we would turn around and leave to give them their privacy.
Where I work now, we just have one stall and it is unisex so you can lock the bathroom door, but it is right across the hall (like 3 feet away) from a managers office. Sometimes, stink goes into that office.

Do you have any funny bathroom stories or weird bathroom circumstances where you work or in general?!
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mrv77 responded:
At our office there is one bathroom and its in between the two CPA's offices. You can hear EVERYTHING I dont go #2 in public bathrooms BUT I have co-workers and clients that are not so shy. They spray the fabreze and I can smell it all the way in the back of the office where I sit. We had a subcontractor that had IBS or some sort of issue and it would sould like the Indy 500 in the bathroom.
Me (32)DD (3)

curleysue1968 responded:
if I have to go poop I find a solo bathroom. Otherwise I don't care if it is a sea of stalls, I will pee.

DidiToo responded:
DH and I laugh about how men and women seem to be different with this. From what I can tell, women go when they absolutely need to, and try to be really discreet about it. Men will publicly grab the newspaper and stroll in like it's no big thing. DH will tell me, "I took a great crap at work today." Like I needed to know that. If I need to take a crap at work, it is very clandestine and rushed.

That said, my floor's bathroom is perceived to be more "private" by women on other floors, and we tend to attract a lot of poopers...which is a whole 'nother vent.

j9ween2 replied to DidiToo's response:
DH will come home from work & tell me that he had a huge poop & that he almost took a pic of it so that I would understand how big it really was
Janine (Tyler - 5, Bella - 3 and Giana - 6 months)

DidiToo replied to j9ween2's response:
LMAO...I'm glad I'm not the only one with a DH who proudly discusses his poop.

leftcoastgirl responded:
This post made me laugh out loud! I lurk here sometimes b/c DD is 2 - but I think I'm going to have to make it a daily habit. You guys have a great group here!

mrv77 responded:
I love poop humor. I can talk about it and joke about it. I was told to buy a different smelling Fabreze at work. We used to have a citrus smelling one but now when I smell oranges I think of funky bathroom. My SO has no shame he will go anywhere. I am more embarrassed about it than him.
Me (32)DD (3)

steckie98 replied to mrv77's response:
DH has to be basically secluded in a bomb shelter to take a crap. He goes in the basement bathroom and is down there for like...a half hour. WHAT TAKES MEN SO LONG?!? Oh wait, I think we already discussed this awhile back. lol
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

UKbluegirl2 replied to steckie98's response:
Carrie,

I cracked up when I read this one on my phone this weekend. DH asked me what was so funny. LOL. He will drive home from work (he works for himself and there are only 10 in the office) versus going there.

FarmWife1979 responded:
My office has 2 sets of restrooms for each gender - the main one has about 10 stalls in it, the smaller one has 2 stalls and is closer to my area. The general rule is that poopers should go to the main restroom as it has ventilation fans, the smaller restroom doesn't. However, there are those that seem to think their stuff doesn't stink and come down here to foul the air in the small bathroom - which then drifts over to my desk area - YUCK!
Holly (31) DH (37) DD (2.5 - born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

curleysue1968 replied to FarmWife1979's response:
can you imagine if we had office restrooms like on "Ally McBeal"?

Remember they had all unisex bathrooms with multiple stalls. ICK! :P

ImMe26 replied to curleysue1968's response:
Men's bathrooms are surprisely cleaner than "most" women's bathrooms....atleast the ones ive experienced..

I wouldnt have an issue...do your business and get out, shouldnt be worried about whats going on in the next stall anyways...JMHO...

Shena1981 replied to ImMe26's response:
At my old job the womens bathroom was a disgusting mess all the time , so I used th mens bathroom.

I only poop at home and DH will call me from work and talk about how he had to go to the private bathroom at work, becasue he had to take a crazy poop. It's so weird to me

ariannasmommy1125 replied to Shena1981's response:
I'm with you Shena. I only poop at home unless it is an absolute emergency!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined WebMD in 2003 when we were TTC our first and have been hooked ever since. We were blessed with our princesses in August 2004 and August 2007....More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.