Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Poll November
mrv77 posted:
So its the 1st day of the month

What are you looking forward to this month?

Thanksgiving Plans?

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping?

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to?
Me (32)DD (3)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

steckie98 responded:
THANKSGIVING!!!!! My fave holiday! Turkey turkey and more turkey! Two days off of work!
We go to the inlaws usually for lunch and my parents for dinner. Then I plop on a couch because i am too full to move.
I am almost done shopping already for Christmas, so I might actually have a nice holiday season this year. Just gotta keep everyone in the house healthy! Last year we were in the ER on Christmas Eve at midnight for croup.
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I am super looking foward to seeing my "little" brother and his son. My brother has been traveling and left home in October 2008 and hasn't been home since. We've talked to him via Skype and Facebook but it isn't the same. He has a son now (unplanned but definitely loved) and the three of them, my brother, his son, and his son's mom, are all going to be in town for a week for Thanksgiving. She and the baby are coming from England and he's coming from Germany.

cinnabar66133 responded:
We're doing Thanksgiving at my house but my Mom is cooking. Should be interesting though. It'll just be us and my parents

As for holiday shopping.... not sure when I will get a chance to start - but it probably won't be before Thanksgiving! We are spending Christmas at DH's so he will be responsible for the gifts for his family although I will help him. So I basically only have to worry about DS, DD and DH.
Cindy (37), DH (36) One angel in heaven. DS is 3 y/o and DD born in 4/10.

Stephensmom1214 responded:
I'm not sure if I'm actually looking forward to this or not, but my FIL is coming for a week before Thanksgiving. He tends to make all of us a little nutty - he and DH don't have a great relationship, and he has never really made much of an effort with DS, except to now just get in his face, and then gets made when he doesn't want to play with him (uh, because he's practically a stranger!).

I AM however, looking forward to putting up decorations. I'll probably start shopping pretty soon, I guess! DS is almost done, though, and DH and I don't exchange gifts.
Patty, DH, and Stephen the great (12/14/06)

SumsMom07 responded:
I'm on vacation the week of Thanksgiving and I can't wait! I plan on getting a little bit of shopping done that week.. DDs got 1 present so far but thats better than last year at this time!

We usually go to my In laws, my parents live far away from here!

I'm hoping that my Dad will surprise me and show up for Thanksgiving... he did the year DD was born and I was super excited about it!
Tanya (26) DH (28) and DD Born 9/25/07 - Can't believe how fast she's grown!

mrv77 responded:
What are you looking forward to this month? We have 3 birthdays so we are having one party w/ the family. We are going to try to do a secret santa this year. We will be pulling names on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving Plans? We are having it at our house this year. We will have my family and SO's family under one roof. It will be interesting.

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping? If we see a good deal on a TV for black friday we will be buying one. If not I do want to start early and not deal with the stress at the end.

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to? I look forward to seeing everyone and have a good time. I guess it would be my crazy SIL. I doubt she will go but I hope she lets the kids and my brother come by for a while.
Me (32)DD (3)

VicsEandJ responded:

What are you looking forward to this month? Getting everyone a flu shot (DC pedi finally has good appt times-yay!!) and an adult day- Veteran's Day- DH & I gave up our Columbus Day adult day to go the farm with DC's school.

Thanksgiving Plans? I'm cooking- my sister her 3 kids and my nephew's girlfriend and possibly my mom.

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping?Today or tomorrow- or at least this month!

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to? Most-My nephew- he's awesome and wil cheer for th Jets with us on Thanksgiving night. Least- my 17 year of niece-b/c she will probably be her usual unpleasant teenage self and my sister will spend too much time arguing with her. But she's great withte kids, so I'll get her to babysit.

megmoo78 responded:
What are you looking forward to this month? Believe or not I love black Friday shopping. I go with my SIL and her little sister. And its a blast

Thanksgiving Plans? We usually do a meal with FIL's family and my family

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping?I already bought my boys their big presents, I am having a hard time thinking of something to get DD for Christmas. I think we're gonna get her a phone for her birthday. Which is 2 weeks before. She has alot of after school activities.

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to? I'm neutral. Now at Christmas my oldest brother and his wife come up from TX.
Megan,DH,DD,DS1,DS2

FarmWife1979 responded:
What are you looking forward to this month? DD's 3rd B-day, big T-day meal with the family.

Thanksgiving Plans? Probably big meal with DH's family.

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping? Not doing much shopping this year - I've been making crochet afghans all year long for my x-mas gifts. I'll pick up something for DH and a some small toys for DD but that's all I really have left to do. I will NOT be out shopping with the crazy people on black friday - I'll be home enjoying a day lounging in my pjs on the couch.

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to? Wish my family would bother to come home for thanksgiving, but that's most likely not happening this year and I'm sick of arguing about it like I have the last 2 years so I think we'll just be spending the time with DH's family.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (2.5 - born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

ImMe26 responded:

What are you looking forward to this month? Decorating for the holidaya and drinking flavored coffee snuggled on the couch...

Thanksgiving Plans?I will be home, im not sure if my sister/SO and my niece are coming and dont really expect to see my dad this Thanksgiving either,but wether we are alone or with others ...My lil family will be together and will enjoy it!

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping?Im a last minute shopper, hate the crowds,but love the deals.....probably start next month..

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to? Im looking forward to seeing my niece, this is her first Thanksgiving...im excited to take pictures and spend time....It will also be a somber time, my mother who passed in January this year, wont be here and this will be the hardest part of all....she lived for the holidays and made them what they are in my eyes today....so I will have her on my mind extra hard...Miss her so much and will be the first Thanksgiving of my life in 26yrs with out my mother/best-friend..... ;(

curleysue1968 responded:
What are you looking forward to this month? Seeing the Christmas parade with DD, a couple days off and maybe starting some shopping.

Thanksgiving Plans? just the 3 of us. I makes me sad that we don't have a big giant get together. I don't have family near us and DH's family all goes to their inlaws.

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping? soon, otherwise I start the weekend of turkey day but NOT black friday.

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to? n/a

mommy5kiddos responded:
I am looking forward to Thanksgiving!!! And planning for Christmas. I plan to make some fun fall/Thanksgiving crafts with the kids.

We are going over to my ILs for dinner. We have already figured out who is bringing what. I love when everyone is prepared. My dad lives out of town and my mom is dead. My brother and I go down to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. I usually just visit for a few hours but they stay and eat.

I am looking forward to seeing my nieces/nephews and all their girlfriend/boyfriends. Not really all that excited to see my cousins or aunt's side of the family. Sad but they are just rude and make comments about how many kids we have.
previously mommyof3kiddos..then I had twins :) DS 4, DD 3.5, DD 2, and the twins

cinder44 responded:
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving & the long weekend. I am off Thursday through Monday.

We'll proly be going to the in-laws unless DH is working on Thanksgiving Day. If that's the case I'll cook a turkey at home before he goes to work.

I may do some shopping on black Friday. I have some ideas but haven't started yet. If I don't get out then I'll proly shop on line & the first couple of weekends in December.

I have to find a good hiding place b/c the DC think my closet is the place to go for new things that they find when they wander in there without supervision.

Just looking forward to seeing family that we don't get to see that often.
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

Mom2Emma23 responded:
What are you looking forward to this month? The cooler weather, the food, the long weekend for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Plans? Not sure, probably my parents house, probably have to go to the inlaws too.

When do you plan on starting your holiday shopping? I told myself i'd get stuff as I saw it so its not such a big hit to my wallet all at once. well I haven't. I plan to start soon...

Who are you looking forward seeing at Thanksgiving? Who aren't you looking forward to? Well I don't really see any out of town relatives, so no one really. But I don't look forward to eating w/my inlaws. Their food generall ysucks and its always a bit awkward and we always leave to late for my taste
Sarah (25), Emma (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a proud momma to 4 kids...DS (2004), DD (2006), DD (2007), and DD (2008)...and if you want to count my DH it's 5...lol. I'm a SAHM wishin...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.