Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
This is GREAT
im4shoes77 posted:
http://www.gaypolitics.com/2010/11/02/breaking-lexington-kentucky-elects-openly-gay-mayor/

As the sister of a lesbian this makes me soooo Happy! It is great to see American taking a step forward.

Shena1981 responded:
Now if we could only get gay marriage legal everywhere.

mrv77 responded:
I totally agree with you. This is def. on step forward.
Me (32)DD (3)

Shena1981 replied to mrv77's response:
Just to add, it'll be nice when this doesn't have to be news and people wouldn't be surprised by something like this

im4shoes77 replied to Shena1981's response:
I agree 100% Shena!

megmoo78 responded:
That's great! I agree with you Shena on both your posts. :)
Megan,DH,DD,DS1,DS2

mol13 responded:
Looked for the "like" button and realized that this is WebMD.

But anyhow, I'm also looking forward to the day when they don't even have to mention it because it's just what a percentage of the population happens to be.

And in Kentucky, no less! Wow!

mommy5kiddos replied to mol13's response:
I think it's awesome. I hate the idea of having to discuss with my children why some people are gay and some not. I hope we get to the point where it's normal and people don't question it anymore.
previously mommyof3kiddos..then I had twins :) DS 4, DD 3.5, DD 2, and the twins

jlc78 responded:
I completely agree with all of you. Another step forward!
Me (32) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

IslandGirl58 replied to Shena1981's response:
Ditto Shena! Well said. Where is the *like* button??
Me(30) DH(30) DD(3) DS(1)

UKbluegirl2 replied to mol13's response:
Molly, not sure what site I read this on, but Lexington, KY has a higher per capita population of gay citizens than San Francisco. Granted there will probably never be a gay mayor in Hazard, KY, but Lexington is very diverse.

UKbluegirl2 responded:
The guy runs a crazy successful business. It would have been insane if he did NOT win. He has done things in the business world that many of us can only read about. He manages a multi-billion dollar business on a daily basis.

http://www.gray.com/

VicsEandJ responded:
I knew I loved you ladies!!!!

As a black woman I hate when people are so against gays and gay marriage. Everyone deserves equality- I don't see racial, gender or religious discrimination as any different than sexual preference.

45 years ago DH & I could not have married in many places in this country becuse of some people's idae of what a married couple should be. As the minority I wasn't seen as an eqaul, but really where would DH be without me! ;-)

I think that if two consenting adults decide that they want to spend every single day of the rest of their lives with each other, possibly fighting the all too often urge to either run away from or stranglethe each other- they should be allowed to!!! :-)

Shena1981 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
I agree Vic. I just don't see how people don't realize this is the same as not allowing African Americans or women the same rights.OR why the gov't doesn't just say too freaking bad we're making gay marriage legal everywhere. Sometimes people just can't be trusted to do what's right and that's why the Civil Rights act was implemented. I could go on and on about this and I can't even stand when people talk about civil unions. Grrrr

mol13 replied to Shena1981's response:
Because calling the marriage of two women a marriage instead of a "civil union" is clearly jeopardizing the "sanctity" of heterosexual marriages. Even the ones where someone is cheating. Or someone is abusive. Or the marriage lasts for a month.

Sing it, Shena!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a SAHM of 2 little girls (3 and 6y/o).

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.