Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Poll: bathtime
curleysue1968 posted:
Do you still do most of the washing?

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?)

Do you still use kids or baby products for hair and body washing?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

3boysmom1981 responded:
Do you still do most of the washing? DS1 and DS2 both take showers. DS1 does all the boy washing himself, DS2 does mostly too. DS3, I obviously still wash, but he doesn't sit in the tub so I hold him with one hand while I wash him with the other as he tries to climb out of the tub.

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?) DS1 washes his own hair, we just check to make sure he rinsed it well enough. DS2 HATES having his hair washed and it is totally traumatic for all involved. DS3 doesn't mind.

Do you still use kids or baby products for hair and body washing? DS1 uses adult stuff, whatever I have around. DS2 has ridiculous sensitive skin and uses crazy expensive all natural baby/kid stuff. DS3 uses them same as DS2, I think he has sensitive skin too.
Mom to 3 wonderful boys (5, 3 and 1)

steckie98 responded:
DS takes about 2 baths a week and two showers a week. I pretty much do all the washing but he kind of does before I do. He doesn't mind having his hair washed. I lather it all up and dump a few cupfills of water. I use kid products on him.
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

jlc78 responded:
Do you still do most of the washing? Yes. It's just easier. I line them up like a production line.....

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?) It's not so bad so long as I don't get any water in their eyes.

Do you still use kids or baby products for hair and body washing? Still using baby stuff. Sometimes I'll use my conditioner on DD's hair.
Me (32) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

Kimmy1545 responded:
DS (5.5) just started taking showers. He is pretty independent. I make sure he rinses his hair and I give him some body wash on a wash cloth but leave it up to him to do the washing.

DD (3.5) takes both baths and showers. We still do most of the washing but encourage her to try to do it herself.

Hair washing was never an issue for DD... DS is fine as long as the water stays out of his eyes.

We use a combo of kid and regular products. I always use my conditioner on DD but usually wash her hair with kid shampoo. I have been using body wash from B&BW for them to wash their bodies. They wash their face with Cetaphil.

linzuh04 responded:
For DD I havent used baby products since she got hair... (lol that was at like 2). She takes a shower and I put soap on the washcloth and shampoo in her hair, but she washes herself and rinses her hair.

DS....I dont think it'll ever get easier....

critty000 responded:
They wash their bodies and I wash/rinse/condition/rinse their hair. Hair washing isn't bad. We have one of those cups that you press on their forehead and dump over their hair- that and them "floating like a mermaid" usually gets the shampoo and conditioner out. They both still enjoy playing in the tub, so they mostly do baths, but will jump in the shower with me if we are in a hurry. I would not trust either of them to do it on their own. It either would not happen or they would use the entire bottle of shampoo. We use kid shampoo, adult conditioner, for body wash we have both and use whichever I grab first.

fensmother responded:
Do you still do most of the washing? yes, he will wash his body but I still do his hair and where the sun doesn't shine

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?) Easier once we began giving him a clean wet wash cloth to cover his eyes when rinsing. It really helps you might want to try it if you are having trouble.

Do you still use kids or baby products for hair and body washing? Yes, Burt's Bee children's soap and California Kids shampoo.

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Both DDs usually take showers now. They do most of the washing.

Emily does everything on her own, we just help her rinse her hair. We let Elizabeth try to do her hair, but help out a lot. It did get easier for us when we started letting them do a lot of it on their own.

We still use the baby products. It's easier for us since they do most of the hair washing on their own.
Emily (5) Elizabeth (3)

Stephensmom1214 responded:
Do you still do most of the washing? DS washes his torso, arms, and legs, but I make sure to get between his toes, back, boy stuff, and hair. Also, he does all of this while laying flat in the water. He loves his bath!

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?) Oh, gosh, it's always been easy for us. DS has always had a good amount of hair (even when he was born!!), but he loves having his hair washed. He even thinks its kind of funny when water runs down his face...

I use the Johnson and Johnson Bedtime stuff. FIL works for J and J, so we get it for free, at least until he retires in March... perhaps I should stock up!
Patty, DH, and Stephen the great (12/14/06)

ShayKTen responded:
I make them a bubble bath every bath night using J&J bubble bath soap. They play in the bath for about 20 minutes, then I wash them up.

Hair washing has gotten easier for us

I do use J&J products and then use the Kids Suave for shampoo

Shannan2007 replied to ShayKTen's response:
Do you still do most of the washing? I give DS a soapy wash cloth and let him wash himself, then I will quickly go over the spots he missed.

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?)
I had DH replace the shower head with a shower head on a hose and that makes hair washing so much easier. You can grab on at Lowes for about $15,
Do you still use kids or baby products for hair and body washing? I still use J&J for body and Pert Plus for hair.

FarmWife1979 responded:
Do you still do most of the washing? Yes - it's just faster that way.

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?) - Never been much of an issue. I've been dumping cupfulls of water over her head since she was about 3 months old and she just is used to it.

Do you still use kids or baby products for hair and body washing? I use Suave kid body wash, and I think it's a Suave 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner for kids. Both are tear-free formula so I'm not worried about it if it gets in her eyes.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (2.5 - born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

VicsEandJ responded:
Do you still do most of the washing? DH & I wash the kids together so we each wash one

How is hair washing these days? (does it ever get easier?) Much easier for DS since he will now look up and hold his wash cloth over his eyes so he doesn't get shampoo in them. DD is still hard because she is only just beginning to help with rinsing and if shampoo gets in her eyes she tries to jump out of the tub,

Do you still use kids or baby products for hair and body washing? We use baby products- Johnsons and Johnson's soap and conditing shmapoo.

I am thinking of switching to a more moisturizing soap since DD wil be 2 next month and DS has really dry skin,espically in winter. Any suggsetions? DH and I uses Lever 2000 becuse I find it less drying and my skin can sometimes be sensitive.

cinder44 responded:
Do you still do most of the washing? yes

How is hair washing thes
e days? (does it ever get easier?) DD likes to do it herself but I help out. DS is pretty easy going. my DC hate having their faces washed

yes still j&j for body washing & kids suave shampoo conditioner combo
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Heather. I have 2 very active boys, Aidan=4 and Tyler=3. I have been on webmd since TTC Aidan. I've been married to Terry since '0...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.